Our clients are our priority.
“We pride ourselves in resolving issues without compromising results or client resources.”
As a South Texas native who grew up in Maverick County, Soledad Valenciano appreciates and understands Texas’ diverse culture and legal environment. She also understands the importance of individual property rights.
Soledad represents business, farm and ranch owners in eminent domain, condemnation and partition proceedings. Soledad has represented clients in high-voltage transmission line, pipeline, water line, railroad and road expansion condemnation cases across Central and South Texas. She has also negotiated numerous transmission line easements, pipeline easements, water line easements and possession and use agreements with various condemning authorities.Soledad also represents affected land owners before the Texas Public Utility Commission in select CCN routing cases.
In addition to condemnation and real estate litigation, Soledad represents clients in various industries, including health, retail, oil field services, financial services and insurance, in civil disputes involving breach of contract, common law fraud, deceptive trade practices and negligence as well as in employment litigation matters.
Soledad Valenciano also represents clients in trust and probate litigation, arbitration and select appellate matters.
- Southern Methodist University – Dedman School of Law, J.D., 2006
- Texas State University, M.Ed. – Special Education, magna cum laude, 2000
- Texas A&M University, B.B.A., magna cum laude, 1992
Admitted to Practice
- Texas, 2006
- United States District Courts for the Northern, Southern, and Western Districts of Texas
- Co-Owner, Spivey Valenciano, PLLC, 2000, May 2012 to present
- Associate, Cox Smith Matthews Incorporated, 2006-2012
- Special Education Case Manager and Classroom Teacher, 1994-2003
- Texas Super Lawyers – 2014 Texas Rising Star, a Thompson Reuters Service
Professional and Community Activities
- San Antonio Bar Association, 2006 – Present
- San Antonio Bar Foundation
- William S. Sessions American Inn of Court, Member
- San Antonio Young Lawyers Association, Director, 2007-2009
- Blattman Elementary School, First Vice President, 2007-2008
- Bexar County Women’s Bar Association
- North San Antonio Chamber of Commerce, Leadership Lab 2012
- Co-Author, Federal Court Update, San Antonio Lawyer Magazine (Bi-Monthly Publication; March 2011 to Present)
- Guest Speaker, San Antonio Chapter of the Federal Bar Association and the Paralegal Division of the State Bar of Texas, District 5, at 2014 Fox Tech Law and Research Magnet Program Mentoring Lunch (April 2014)
- “Ethics and Conflicts of Interest,” Regular Presenter, Federal Bar Association Federal Court Practice Seminar, San Antonio Texas (February 2009 to Present)
- Ethics Presentation to Del Rio Division Association of Federal Attorneys (January 2012)
- “Towers, Trenches and Tx Dot: Strategies from the Landowner’s Perspective” (with Jim Spivey to San Antonio Real Estate Discussion Group, January 2012)
- “Antitrust and Consumer Protection,” SMU Law Review, Volume 64 No. 1, A. Michael Ferrill, Leslie Sara Hyman and Soledad Valenciano (October 2011)
- “Recent Developments in Eminent Domain Proceedings” (with Jim Spivey at 10th Annual Gas and Power Institute, Houston, Texas, September 2011)
- “Coming Soon to a Town Near You: Eminent Domain, the CREZ Project, the Shale Oil and Gas Boom and Other Takings” (with Jim Spivey to San Antonio Bar Association Natural Resources Section, September 2011)
- “Recent Developments in Eminent Domain Proceedings: Shale Oil, CREZ, Senate Bill 18 and a Proposed Taking by the U.S. Army” (September 2011)
- “Antitrust and Consumer Protection,” SMU Law Review, Volume 63 No. 2, A. Michael Ferrill, Leslie Sara Hyman and Soledad Valenciano (March 2010)
- “Anatomy of a Civil Trial XII,” Panel Discussion, Bexar County Local Rules (April 2008)
Soledad is fluent in Spanish.
Soledad spends her free time cheering on her three children at little league, football, volleyball and high school marching band events.