As a South Texas native who grew up in Maverick County, Soledad Valenciano understands the importance of individual property rights.
Eminent Domain: Ms. Valenciano represents developers, business, farm and ranch owners in eminent domain, condemnation proceedings. Soledad has represented clients in road expansion, high-voltage transmission line, pipeline, water line, railroad and public transit condemnation cases across Central and South Texas. She has negotiated numerous transmission line easements, pipeline easements, water line easements, administrative law settlements and possession and use agreements with various condemning authorities.
PUC Proceedings: Ms. Valenciano represents affected landowners before the Texas Public Utility Commission in select CCN routing cases.
Mediation: Ms. Valenciano is a certified Texas mediator. She mediates civil cases across South and Central Texas.
- Southern Methodist University – Dedman School of Law, J.D., 2006
- Texas State University, M.Ed. – Special Education, magna cum laude, 2000
- Texas A&M University, B.B.A., magna cum laude, 1992
Admitted to Practice
- Texas, 2006
- United States District Courts for the Northern, Southern, and Western Districts of Texas
- Co-Owner, Spivey Valenciano, PLLC, May 2012 to present
- Associate, Cox Smith Matthews Incorporated, 2006-2012
- Special Education Case Manager and Classroom Teacher, 1994-2003
- Texas Super Lawyers – 2014, 2015, 2016 Texas Rising Star, a Thompson Reuters Service
- S.A. Scene Magazine - Top Lawyers in Eminent Domain 2018, 2019, 2020 (5-15 years category)
- Judicial Intern, The Texas Supreme Court, The Honorable Wallace B. Jefferson, Summer 2005
Professional and Community Activities
- Federal Bar Association – San Antonio Chapter Immediate Past President
- Federal Bar Association - San Antonio Chapter Board Member and Officer (Secretary 2015-2016; Treasurer 2016-2017; Vice President 2017 – 2018; President Elect 2018-2019; President 2019-2020)
- Bexar County Women's Bar Association - LEAD Academy Public Relations Chair (October 2020 - Present)
- South Texas Property Rights Association, Member
- Volunteer Mediator – Bexar County Dispute Resolution Center (2016-2018)
- North San Antonio Chamber of Commerce, Leadership Lab 2012
- San Antonio Bar Association, 2006 – Present
- San Antonio Bar Foundation, Member
- William S. Sessions American Inn of Court, Member
- San Antonio Young Lawyers Association, Director, 2007-2009
- Blattman Elementary School, First Vice President, 2007-2008
- Co-Author, Federal Court Update, San Antonio Lawyer Magazine (Bi-Monthly Publication; March 2011 to Present)
- "Where Property Owners Hit a Wall: A Push to Relax the Unity of Title Factor in Eminent Domain Actions" as published in the At Side Bar Column of the Federal Lawyer Magazine (Bi-Monthly Publication; May/June 2020 Issue)
- Co-Editor, San Antonio Federal Bar Association’s Newsletter (2017 to Present)
- Proof Editor, The Federal Lawyer Magazine (Bi-Monthly Publication; August 2019 to Present)
- Guest Speaker, San Antonio Chapter of the Federal Bar Association and the Paralegal Division of the State Bar of Texas, District 5, at 2014 Fox Tech Law and Research Magnet Program Mentoring Lunch (April 2014)
- “Antitrust and Consumer Protection,” SMU Law Review, Volume 65 No. 2, A. Michael Ferrill, Leslie Sara Hyman and Soledad Valenciano (March 2012)
- “Ethics and Conflicts of Interest,” Regular Presenter, Federal Bar Association Federal Court Practice Seminar, San Antonio Texas (February 2009 to Present)
- Ethics Presentation to Del Rio Division Association of Federal Attorneys (January 2012)
- “Towers, Trenches and TxDot: Strategies from the Landowner’s Perspective” (with Jim Spivey to San Antonio Real Estate Discussion Group, January 2012)
- “Antitrust and Consumer Protection,” SMU Law Review, Volume 64 No. 1, A. Michael Ferrill, Leslie Sara Hyman and Soledad Valenciano (October 2011)
- “Recent Developments in Eminent Domain Proceedings” (with Jim Spivey at 10th Annual Gas and Power Institute, Houston, Texas, September 2011)
- “Coming Soon to a Town Near You: Eminent Domain, the CREZ Project, the Shale Oil and Gas Boom and Other Takings” (with Jim Spivey to San Antonio Bar Association Natural Resources Section, September 2011)
- “Recent Developments in Eminent Domain Proceedings: Shale Oil, CREZ, Senate Bill 18 and a Proposed Taking by the U.S. Army” (September 2011)
- “Antitrust and Consumer Protection,” SMU Law Review, Volume 63 No. 2, A. Michael Ferrill, Leslie Sara Hyman and Soledad Valenciano (March 2010)
- “Anatomy of a Civil Trial XII,” Panel Discussion, Bexar County Local Rules (April 2008)
Soledad is fluent in Spanish.
Soledad spends her free time with her family and friends, enjoying many basketball, track & field, volunteer and Texas A&M University events.
"I pride myself in resolving issues without compromising results or client resources."
— Soledad Valenciano